This is my favorite mac and cheese recipe. I just had to share this recipe because it’s so darn easy and tastes so good.
It’s one of my favorite comfort foods and trust me you will still get the brown edges from the crock pot that you get when you bake it in the oven. I have brought this to picnics and our office food days, it’s always a hit!
Crock-pot Mac n Cheese
· 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (an 8-ounce box isn't quite 2 cups)
· 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
· 2 1/2 cups (about 10 ounces) grated Sharp Cheddar cheese
· 3 eggs, beaten (optional, will give the mac and cheese a curdled look, but tastes good)
· 1/2 cup sour cream
· 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 cup whole milk
· 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
· 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain. In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture and add the eggs, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well. Then add drained macaroni and stir again. Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.